IFC Standard Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) / Environmental Audits and Due Diligence
Environmental and Social Management Plans (ESMP) / Environmental Monitoring
The international expertise of our team across key industries (i.e. mining, oil and gas, agri-business, heavy industry and large scale civil infrastructure) enables us to undertake projects to formulate sustainable outcomes through cost-effective, fit-for-purpose consulting services.
Our international experience and strong partnerships with local consulting firms and independent consultations, enable us to translate the international knowledge and experience into local pragmatic solutions.
The range of our professional environmental management services includes:
• Environmental and Social Impact Assessments (ESIA) to international standards (e.g., IFC/World Bank Standards and Equator Principles),
• Environmental and social management plans/programmes;
• Capital investment assurance: environmental and social audits and due diligence;
• Environmental and social management system development;
• Environmental and social risk assessments;
• Specialist studies;
• Ecosystems services assessments;
• Environmental monitoring plans;
• Opinions and advice.
Profile: Nelius Scheepers Pr. Sci. Nat.
Nelius leads our environmental management service offering team. He is a registered Professional Natural Scientist (Reg No. 400138/03), a registered Environmental Auditor (IEMA Reg No. 0051570) and a High Carbon Stock (HCS) registered assessor (certificate number 2018SanJose003).
One of his key specialty areas is as Project Manager for large-scale, complex ESIA projects. He successfully managed environmental assessment projects for multi-national clients in Africa, the Middle East and Asia. Environmental Assessments have been executed in compliance with in-country legislation and international standards (e.g., Equator Principles and IFC) and other lender requirements. Nelius has all-round experience in both environmental and social aspects of projects and, therefore, has the leadership and managerial skills to direct, manage large (20+) multi-disciplinary multi-national teams of specialists / subject matter experts located around the globe. He has regularly consulted with communities during ESIAs and has a sound understanding of ecosystem services.
Nelius has worked on projects in South Africa, Swaziland, Botswana, Zambia, Namibia, Angola, DRC, Tanzania, Uganda, Ethiopia, Cote d’Ivoire, Cameroon, Myanmar, Uzbekistan, Qatar and Saudi Arabia.
His qualifications are as follows:
• M.Sc. Water Resource Management and Environmental Management, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 2000
• B.Sc. (Hons) Wildlife Management, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1999
• B.Sc. Ecology, University of Pretoria, South Africa, 1998